Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Time of Separation Coming

What an incredible time to be alive. There is a sense in my spirit of being chosen for such a time as this. The LORD speaks to whomever He pleases. He gives dreams and visions to believers and unbelievers and can even speak through a donkey! In Joel 2:28-29, he speaks of a time when "your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit". It seems that there are more dreams and visions and prophecies coming forth than ever in history in our day.

What are some of the themes of these messages? Well, I can only say from my perspective and limited viewpoint, but there does seem to be some unity in the message. Destruction and judgment is coming. We live in perilous times. From David Wilkerson's "Urgent Warning" to so many others, the message seems clear to me. This is a time for repentance, obedience, seeking the Lord and being on our knees. The time is so short. The Lord recently told me, "Make straight the path for I am coming! The paths are all crooked now." I am amazed at the continuity of the Word of God. It is the same message being spoken before His first coming as now, before His second coming. Repent. He is coming soon. And His winnowing fork is in His hand. He is coming to do some separating!

Not a warm and fuzzy message, I realize, but truth is often like that. When the Lord gives you a warning that something is coming, with it, comes the responsibility to share it. So with that, I give you, with fear and trembling, a dream the Lord gave me back in October 20, 2009. I do this to be responsible, but also to see if anything resonates with you and to get your feedback. Feel free to comment!

I was on a high mountain looking down into a large valley below. It was evening and there were lights in the towns and villages below. I was with a group of believers and we were looking out into the valley. Suddenly, a huge plume of fire and smoke erupted in the valley, then another and another all around in different places. We turned to flee the area and got into vehicles. When I got into the car to drive, there was a man sitting in the passenger seat. He had a newspaper of sorts on his lap. I asked him, "What day/time is it?" He replied to me, "40/40".  I remember thinking I didn't understand that at all. As we drove away, looking back at the destruction, I saw ash falling all around us, but not hitting our vehicle. Somehow, I felt safe and protected. We ended up meeting other believers at a house that was visibly shaken. I found the man that was in the car with me and asked him what 40/40 meant, and he replied, "Passover. A time of trial and testing, but God's people will be protected."

The dream seems fairly straightforward to me. Although, at the time, I didn't understand what 40/40 meant. Numbers are always important in scripture and in dreams. 40 is a number we know something about. This number always represents, trials, temptations, testing. I am thinking of 40 years wandering for the Hebrews, 40 day temptation of Yeshua, Noah's flood, etc. When numbers are repeated, it is for emphasis sake, meaning double of what the number represents. That is a warning in itself.

Then of course, we have the Passover mentioned, which is very significant. I have been studying and celebrating all of the Feasts of the Lord now for about a year. Read Leviticus 23 to understand what these are. The first 3 spring feasts have been fulfilled by Messiah to the very day. He was crucified on Passover, rose on Firstfruits and then the Holy Spirit was given on Shavuot (Pentecost). We await the fall feasts as we know that His second coming and end time events will correlate with these fall Feasts of the Lord. Leviticus tells us that they are not Jewish feasts, but they are HIS Feasts. Many historical events of importance have happened on days related to the biblical calendar/Feasts of the Lord. Many people don't know, as I did not, that God has a calendar and He always keeps His appointments! He is faithful. The Hebrew mind and the Word of God works time in cycles, not in a linear way the way we normally think. These feasts are divine appointments and rehearsals (mow'ed) that the Lord wants us to keep as they often correlate to important events.

 Interesting as I think about Passover, it was a time when Adonai distinguished between the Egyptians and the Hebrews. There was a clear distinction after the 3rd plague and on through the rest of the plagues right through the crossing of the Red Sea when the Holy One of Israel triumphed over Pharoah and his chariots. This was a time of judgment, testing, separating, redeeming.

The dream seems to be a warning of what is to come. Does this mean this event will happen on a Passover? I don't know. But I do think it could mean that. The next Passover is soon approaching, April 18-19, 2011.(I give two dates because a day to the Lord is evening to evening, encompassing two of our days as we know them to be.)

I have had other dreams with earthquakes, strange storms and other events, but this one was more detailed. I don't know what this means in terms of if it is a terrorist attack, natural disaster or something else. What do you think it represents? What are you sensing and hearing from the Lord?

Malachi 3:16-4:4 says this,
      "Then those who feared the LORD spoke with one another. The LORD paid attention and heard them, and a book of remembrance was written before him of those who feared the LORD and esteemed his name. 'They shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.  Then once more you shall see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve him.  For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the LORD of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD of hosts. (Here is the part that is usually left out because this is an end times future event, referring to this next verse 4) Remember the law of my servant Moses, the statutes and rules that I commanded him at Horeb for ALL Israel."
Those who are His treasured possession will be spared and a distinction made between two kinds of people. Those that fear Adonai and serve Him are those who keep His commands, including those given to Moses, also a servant of Yahweh. Evidently, we needed a reminder that Moses' laws were part of our responsibility to keep during this time, or Adonai would not have said it! I believe this is a Word for us today in these last days leading up to the Day of the Lord, "remember the law of my servant Moses"! This is a prophetic end time scripture, but I don't think I have ever heard verse 4 quoted in this context. Seems like this verse has been conveniently forgotten.

I am thinking of all the parables of Yeshua written in the New Covenant regarding separating the good and bad fish, wheat and tares, wise and foolish virgins, faithful and wicked servant. All of these describe those who are IN the kingdom, not outside of it! Yeshua is giving us a warning here, that a sifting, separating and distinction will be made from the sheep and the goats among those who call themselves "His people".  The sheep are those who follow Him because they recognize the Good Shepherd's voice. Yeshua came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matthew 15:24) He came to turn the hearts of the lost sheep to Him and to follow Him as He became the Word made flesh. A truly living and active Word!

May we obey ALL that He has commanded us and be able to hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of your Master!"

No comments:

Post a Comment